Gummy Bear Shots
Gummy Bear Shots / Gummy Bear Shot Glasses
When we talk about gummy bear shots here, we’re talking about shot glasses made from that awesome childhood chewy gummy goodness.
So, you’re looking for a cool new way to do shots. You’ve tried Jello Shots and you’re no stranger to these shooter recipes and now you’re looking for something a little different.
Enter Gummy Bear Shots – shot glasses made out of the same gummy goodness that comes from gummy bears or gummy worms.
There are two ways you can get your hands on gummi bear shot glasses. One, you can make the gummy bear shot glasses yourself (don’t worry, we tell you how to do it step-by-step below) or you can buy them online from the ever-so-cool company Vat19 by clicking here. They make ’em for you and then deliver them to your door – how much better can it get?
The company that makes these gummy bear shot glasses puts out videos of some of their products and their videos are pretty neat. For these gummi bear shots, they’ve made an awesome little hip hop video spoof showing how these two guys go from zero to hero just because of gummy bear shot glasses. The video is very well done and if you’re not the type to go cook up something in the kitchen, it may be a safer alternative for you to order them online.
Gummy Bear Shots Video
How to Make Gummy Bear Shot Glasses
How to make Gummi Bear Shot Glasses: A step-by-step guide.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 bags of gummy bears or gummi worms
- microwave-safe bowl
- shot glass mold (preferably silicone and flexible)
- corn starch
What You Do:
- Separate the gummy bears or gummy worms in colors – red and orange gummy worms in one pile and green and yellows in another pile. Or if you’re using gummy bears, you can separate them further by individual color.
- Put the gummies into a microwave-safe bowl and heat them on high for about a minute and a half or until they become liquified.
- Then pour the liquid into the shot mold or spoon it in. At this stage, you must ensure that the molds are filled to the top. You can tap the mold on the counter to make sure its level.
- When you’re sure the molds are filled to the top and level, place them on a level surface in your freezer for about 2 hours.
- When you take the gummy shots from the freezer, the easiest way to get the gummi shot glasses out of the mold is to invert the entire mold (hence why its best to use a silicone mold – like the ones used for ice shot glasses).
- Dust the gummi shot glasses with corn starch to reduce the shine and stickiness factor.
- If you’re not ready to drink out of them right away, place them in a container and put them back in the freezer, they’ll keep for a while.
- When you’re ready to party like a rock star, take them out of the freezer, fill them with your favorite alcohol, shoot and eat that gummy goodness.
and drink it up……then chew it up