Bartending Resume Sample
A Real World Example of a Bartending Resume
If you don’t have any bartending experience, take a look at this bartending resume sample to give you some ideas on what / how to write one that will get your foot in the door.
Here is a bartending resume sample with NO bartending experience – only serving experience. Since you don’t have bartending experience, you want to highlight your best skill set, attributes or experience first. Remember that any experience or volunteer position you may have held serving the public will look good on your bartending resume.Your bartending resume is an extension of you and your abilities – take as much pride in writing your bartender resume as you would in the position for which you are applying for.
Take a look at this bartending resume sample to give you an idea on how to write your own bartender resume. Keep in mind that formatting might be off depending on what browser you’re using.
If you don’t think you are able to write a great bartending resume then don’t! It doesn’t cost very much to get your bartending resume written for you by a professional. Spend the money to get it done right the first time and save yourself time and effort in handing out resumes that don’t result in bar interviews.
Bartending Resume Sample –
with Serving Experience but No Bar Experience
(area code) 555-1234
Objective – To get behind the bar where I feel my excellent customer service skills and outgoing personality would be a great asset to any establishment and its clientele. Qualities / Areas of Effectiveness
- Responsible and reliable with strong organizational skills
- Able to work without supervision independently or in a group setting
- Quick learner with excellent people skills
- Effective at multitasking and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and customers alike
Head Waitress, Hunters Hill Bowling Club, 2009
- Organized Schedules.
- Assisted in function planning. ie. birthday parties, family reunions, communions, etc…
- Served lunch, dinner and take-out orders including the mixing and serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Set, served and cleared tables. Prepared bills, handled cash and ran credit cards.
- Informed customers of daily specials while explaining the preparation and cooking methods of the various menu items.
- Responsibilities included taking reservations, answering phones, and stocking the service areas.
Waitress, Idylwylde Golf & Country Club, 2007 & 2008
- Served lunch, dinner and take-out orders including the mixing and serving of alcoholic beverages
- Prepared bills and settled payments.
- Informed customers of the daily specials, while alternately recommending various high profit menu items.
- Set up, served and tore down functions for over 500 people.
- Experienced in serving casual events, tournaments, weddings, black tie galas, etc…
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
- Able to operate kitchen appliances such as; fryer, stovetop, oven, meat slicer, crock pot, and various dishwashers.
Sales Associate, Peoples, The Jewelry Store, 2007 & 2008
- Assisted customers with helpful information about the jewelry they were interested in – cuts, clarity, karats, origins, and meanings.
- Aided customers when applying for store credit cards.
- Placed orders for personalized designs, repairs, and special orders.
- Arranged delivery with FedEx and Purolator for the customers’ shipping.
- Rearranged the store for the seasonal merchandise following a planogram.
Education & Certificates
- TESOL Certificate, Oxford Seminars (Certified to teach English as a second language)
- Secondary School, honour roll student, OSSD, Arts Diploma.
- Youth Leadership Training Course, YMCA Sudbury
- WHMIS training, Passport to Safety training, SmartSafe and Smart Serve Certificate (All up-to-date)
Sudbury Secondary Dance Department – Designed and sewed costumes for dance performances
Myth & Mirrors Community Art Center – Cleaned up areas around the city. Painted murals and put on street theatre performances to liven city centre.
YMCA; Organized haunted houses for children. Put on BBQs to raise money for summer camps.
Northern Lights Festival Boreal – Served in the beer tent for 8 hour shifts. Cleaned up park grounds after festivals.
I look forward to hearing from you!
— References available upon request —
And here’s a sample bartending resume with no bartending experience and no serving experience – just a bartending certificate.
If you didn’t get enough ideas from the above bartending resume samples, check out our other sample bartender resume page as well as the other bartending resume resources below.